Sickle Cell / Disease
Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) is a devastating genetic disorder that affects thousands of individuals in Uganda, with serious health and social impacts. Despite the high prevalence of SCD, there are significant gaps in SCD programming, including limited awareness, inadequate access to early diagnosis and treatment, and limited comprehensive care and support services.
Support to Children is committed to making a difference in the lives of children with SCD in Uganda. With your support, we can address these gaps and improve the health and well-being of those affected by SCD.
Our project includes a multi-faceted approach that includes awareness and education, early diagnosis and treatment, comprehensive care and support, capacity building for healthcare providers and communities, and advocacy for policy changes. Through strategic partnerships and evidence-based interventions, we aim to make a significant contribution towards reducing the burden of SCD in Uganda.
By donating to our cause, you can help us achieve our objectives:
- Increase awareness and education about SCD: Your donation will support targeted awareness campaigns, community engagement, and educational materials to raise awareness about SCD and promote early diagnosis and management. With increased awareness, individuals with SCD can receive timely care and support.
- Improve access to early diagnosis and treatment: Your donation will support newborn screening programs, diagnostic services, and provision of essential medications like hydroxyurea. Early diagnosis and treatment can prevent complications and save lives.
- Provide comprehensive care and support: Your donation will establish and strengthen comprehensive care clinics for individuals with SCD, providing regular medical follow-up, management of complications, and psychosocial support. Comprehensive care can improve the quality of life for those with SCD.
- Build capacity of healthcare providers and communities: Your donation will support training, mentorship, and provision of necessary resources and equipment to healthcare providers and communities to effectively manage SCD. Building capacity will ensure sustainable and effective care for individuals with SCD.
- Advocate for policy changes: Your donation will support advocacy efforts to include SCD in national health policies and guidelines, and allocation of resources for SCD care and support. Policy changes can lead to systemic improvements in SCD programming.
Get In Touch
387 N. Mentor Ave
Pasadena CA 91106
Phone: +25 670 244 6433